Several thoughts come to mind:
- Do you subscribe to iTunes Match and/or Apple Music? If so, be certain Settings > Music > Show Apple Music is "Off".
- Your post's title and question discuss "syncing". Well, syncing is a process that recurs. So it's not at all clear if the unwanted music:
- Syncs to the iPhone each time you sync.
- Synced to the iPhone one time you synced, and then lingered on the iPhone.
- Was placed on the iPhone at some time in the past, and you're now disappointed the music does not disappear as a result of subsequent syncs.
Therefore, I recommend the following process, which is going to clear all music off your iPhone, and then re-add only the music you wish to be synced.
Aug 7, 2016 2:13 PM